Made from freshly cultured cream it has a thick velvety texture with a distinctive tart, slightly buttery flavour. The flavour profile is somewhere between yoghurt and sour cream, but is richer, has a creamier texture due to the higher fat content. A nice alternative to sour cream or cream.
- Perfect replacement for cream as it doesn’t curdle or split on heating.
- It is ready to use, and can be used in sweet and savoury dishes.
- Heat, acid, alcohol and freeze-thaw stable properties.
- Add a swirl to soup before serving or a dollop to vegetable mash.
- Try serving salmon cakes with crème fraiche and dill.
- Top oatmeal pancakes with blueberries, maple syrup and crème fraiche.
- Add dollops of crème fraiche to a gourmet smoked chicken pizza.
- Combine with wasabi and chives and spread on crostini and top with smoked salmon.
- Use to create creamy pasta sauces or soups.
- Create delicious smooth flans and cheesecakes.
- Whip for a firmer texture and serve as an accompaniment with fruit.
Has an eight-month shelf life unopened. Once opened, use within seven days.
Refrigerate at between 0-4°C at all times.
For nutrition and distribution details, please email: