PASTURE-FED ANIMAL NUTRITION
- Tatua’s milk supply herds enjoy a year round outdoor lifestyle, without the need for confined housing.
- This 365 days per year access to natural pasture promotes high quality nutrition and allows the dairy herds to exhibit their natural social behaviours within a safe and open herd environment.
- At times when pasture alone is insufficient to ensure adequate animal nutrition for our cows, supplementary feed is provided.
- Ensiled pasture and corn are the most commonly used supplementary feeds on Tatua supply farms, although grains, brassicas and other non-GE fodder sources may also be utilised.
- There are no artificial growth promoting rBST (Bovine Somatotrophin) products registered for use on dairy cows in New Zealand. This aligns with Tatua’s policy on HGP’s (Hormonal Growth Promotants).